STEPS ON HOW TO CLEAN YOUR BEVERAGE DISPENSERS
Beverage dispensers need to be cleaned regularly like all other food and drink containers. If you use them for drinks other than water and don’t clean them, the beverage it will dispense will start to taste different after a while. Also, there could be acidic build-ups and leftovers from previous uses. The dangers of bacteria and other pollutants is also another risk factor that should encourage you to sanitize your beverage dispensers.
It is advisable to clean beverage dispensers after every change of liquids, or after every four to six weeks of continuous use.
Here are quick and easy steps to cleaning your dispensers:
You will need rubber gloves, bleach, hot or tap water, and a clean sponge or a scrub pad.
- If you are using a mechanical or electrical beverage dispenser, make sure to unplug it and remove all non-waterproof parts that do not need to be washed or cleaned. Some dispensers only need the tanks or containers removed for cleaning.
- Mix one tablespoon of bleach to every gallon of water you will be using. Bleach is more effective than just soap and water since it eliminates pollutants and bacteria more.
- Make sure to put on your rubber gloves to protect your hands. Take a sponge or a scrub pad and use it to clean the dispenser using the bleach solution you just mixed. Avoid using abrasive materials like steel wool so you don’t scratch the dispenser.
- Leave the solution on for five minutes before washing it away with water.
- Repeat the same process for other parts, including the spigot or the valve, if those are detachable. Use Q-Tips or a thin stick wrapped in cloth to reach tight spots. Use hot water to rinse.
- Continuously run the dispenser through water three or four times until there is no more suds or bleach solution left on its surface. This ensures that the dispenser is thoroughly cleaned and non-toxic for future use.
- Use a soft clean cloth to wipe away the moisture, or wait for it to dry naturally before using the beverage dispenser again.
Beverage dispensers that have electrical parts can be cleaned simply by dusting or wiping the parts with dry cloth. Again, make sure that all parts are unplugged to prevent accidents and electrocution.
Some beverage dispensers can be cleaned by dishwashers, but it is always a good idea to clean them yourselves so you are sure that you got through all the spots and other places that are hard to reach.
This is also a good time to see if anything looks amiss, like wires that are exposed or metal parts that are badly dented or rusted. If these cannot be cleaned or easily fixed, it is probably time to get a new dispenser.
It is important to maintain sanitary beverage dispensers to avoid cases of poisoning or other bacterial ailments. Cleaning also preserves the quality of your dispenser, so you can use it for many more years to come.
Life Maid Easy is a fast growing company that offers eco-friendly house cleaning services, maid services and carpet cleaning with franchises across Vancouver, Burnaby, Langley, North Shore, Whiterock and recently Toronto.