Things You Need
Even if it is a densely populated metropolis with more than 5,400 people living in its every square meter, Vancouver is still one of the cleanest cities in the globe. This, along with its quality of life and standard of living, make this coastal seaport city the third of the most liveable cities in the world.
Here are several more things you need to know about Vancouver if you are planning to visit or live in the city permanently:
– The city’s real estate prices are the highest in the whole country. As of February 2020, the average house price in Vancouver is $1,020,600. The city has the second least affordable metropolitan real estate market in the world, after Hong Kong.
– A “city of neighborhoods”, Vancouver is home to several neighborhoods with different ethnic mixes. Aside from the English, Scottish, Irish, and Germans, there are also the Asians with Chinese being the largest in number.
– Dubbed as the “Hollywood of the North”, Vancouver comes third to Los Angeles and New York City when it comes to film production.
– Although it gets an average of 1,589mm of rainfall every year, the city still has the mildest climate in the country.
– Going around in the city is a breeze. All you need is a Compass Card and you will already have access to the metro’s buses, SkyTrain, West Coast Express, and even the “sea buses”.
– For places to visit, check out Kits Pool. At 451 feet, it is Canada’s longest pool and is almost the size of three Olympic pools. Then, head on to Stanley park, which is 10 percent larger than the Central Park in New York.
If you are planning to live in downtown Vancouver, which has a great number of high-rise condominiums and which is 65 percent residential, then you might need the services of Life Maid Easy. With franchises all over the west coast, it is an eco-friendly company that can answer your every cleaning need.