And the winner of the top spot for the 50 Most Loved Travel Destinations for Canada is…(drumroll, please)…Richmond, BC!
This news can only make the local tourism sector more optimistic for the industry to bounce back, especially as COVID restrictions ease up and summer vacation is on the horizon.
Summer travel trends in Canada for 2022 indicate that domestic getaways and vacation rentals are popular. And since the Vancouver International Airport is conveniently located in Richmond, the locals can expect an influx of visitors this summer season.
Oh, yes! It is going to be a busy summer for the local tourism sector. Richmondites who own Airbnbs and other types of holiday accommodation better get their properties ready to welcome guests. Get in touch now with vacation rental cleaning services Richmond, BC specialists who will ensure your place is clean and safe.
And, being your amazing host, you also want to make sure your guests get the most out of their holiday experience. Why not prepare a suggested itinerary or travel guide?
Whether you are a tourist or a Richmondite Superhost, the top things to do in Richmond should be included in any summer vacation bucket list.
Richmond During Summer: All You Need to Know
While ease of air travel was the winning factor that gave the city the highest score on the Tourism Sentiment Index, there are many reasons why Richmond is well-loved among foreign and local tourists.
Steeped in culture and history, surrounded by natural beauty, and filled with culinary delights, you’ll find something worthwhile to add to your box of Memorable Travel Experiences in this unique island city. It also has a rich offering of family-friendly holiday activities, so many Canadians and international travelers enjoy spending summer vacations here.
It also helps Richmond have a reasonably comfortable summer since it doesn’t get extreme temperatures. But remember that it is still the summer season. So, put on your sunscreen and wide-brimmed hats and get ready to explore the best places to visit and top things to do in Richmond.
Best Summer Activities in Richmond
- Whale Watching – From April to October, you get the chance to spot the giants of the sea when you embark on a whale watch tour in British Columbia’s regional waters. Be on the lookout for orcas, humpbacks, gray whales, sea lions, seals, and other marine creatures.
2. Steveston Spot Prawn and Seafood Celebration – If you are in Richmond from May 06 to June 05, you don’t want to miss this event, especially if you love prawns and other fresh seafood. Grab a catch of these sweet-tasting spot prawns straight from the boats, then learn tips on preparing B.C. seafood from professional chefs and food experts who will give demonstrations. Don’t feel like cooking? Partake in the delectable offerings at the Seafood Celebration’s Dine About instead
3. West Dyke Trail – This scenic route offers bikers, joggers, and outdoor lovers a 6-kilometer (3.7-mile) trail with abundant flora and fauna and a beautiful landscape.
4. Golf – Richmond has several pretty golf courses perfect for practicing your swing and unwinding after a game. Book your tee-time at the Country Meadows Golf Course, Mylora Executive Golf Course, Mayfair Lakes Golf and Country Club, or West Richmond Pitch & Putt.
5.Berry Picking – Head on to a berry picking farm in Richmond and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Depending on the summer season, you can harvest strawberries, raspberries, cherries, or blueberries.
6. Doors Open Richmond in June – Immerse into a deeper experience of the local arts, culture, and heritage during this yearly event.
7. Canada Day in July – Celebrate Canada’s birthday with the tens of thousands who flock to Steveston in Richmond to participate in the pancake breakfast, parade, and other festivities. Don’t miss the awesome fireworks show and the mouth-watering salmon barbecue (picture open fire pits with more than 1,200 pounds of grilling fresh salmon).
Local Favorites in Richmond
1.Steveston Village – A picturesque fishing village full of history and fresh catch for seafood lovers. Kids and adults will enjoy the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site, Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site, Steveston Tram and Steveston Museum, and quaint waterfront cafes and gift shops.
2.Dumpling Trail – Check any foodie’s list of things to do in Richmond, and you will definitely find the Dumpling Trail on that list. Because who wouldn’t want to go on a full-filling quest of tasting the most delicious dumplings in this city where a large chunk of the population is of Asian descent?
3. Richmond Olympic Oval – Imagine you’re an Olympic athlete when you step into this venue which housed the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics speed skating event.
4. Wineries – Check sample classic reds, whites, and roses at Country Vines Winery or premium fruit wines at Canada Berries. For the world-famous ice wine, go to Lulu Island Winery.
5.Breweries – Enjoy refreshing and tasty brews at the local craft breweries like Monkey 9 Brewing, Fuggles & Warlock Craftworks, and Britannia Brewing Company.
6.Markets – Shop for farm-fresh produce and locally made specialty items while getting to know the locals at one of the farmers’ markets.
7. Chocolatiers – Satisfy your sweet tooth at Wild Sweets, Sinfully The Best, or Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut.
Things to Do in Richmond
It is impossible to have a boring day in Richmond when there is just so much to do and see in the city. It helps when you plan ahead and do your research, so you get to experience everything on your list of things to do in Richmond.
Richmond at Day
Want to take it slow, or do you prefer an action-packed day? Plan an itinerary made just for you.
1.Nature – Get the outdoor therapy you need after being cooped up indoors for the past two years. See the wildlife on a birding trip or a fishing charter. Discover trails at parks like Richmond Nature Park and Iona Beach Regional Park.
2. Shopping – Find the best deals for famous brands at McArthurGlen Designer Outlet or hunt for great finds at one of the shopping centers in Golden Village.
3. Food Trip – Indulge your senses as you take a gastronomic journey along Alexandra Road or at one of the well-known food courts.
4. Arts, Culture, and History – Take the Highway to Heaven to admire different houses of worship. Have fun hunting for the 200-plus public artworks in the city. Or visit the Richmond Art Gallery and Moon & Back Gallery to get your art fix and creative juices flowing.
Richmond at Night
- Richmond Night Market – Get your wallet and palate ready for the adventure that awaits you at North America’s largest night market! Aside from dozens and dozens of stalls offering a huge array of food choices and retail finds, there is a different theme each year. Be prepared for a queue.
2. Gateway Theatre – Catch a play and other performances at their 522-seat MainStage or 89-seat Studio B.
3.Richmond Orchestra & Chorus – Wind down and immerse yourself in a musical treat from local talents and guest performers.
4. River Rock Casino – Feeling lucky? Looking for some late-night excitement? Get busy at one of the tables or 1,100 slots, enjoy some live entertainment, or just take in all the action as you sip a drink at the Curve Lounge.
Where to stay in Richmond?
You can find many trusted hotel brands and inns in Richmond and downtown Vancouver (which is just a 20-minute drive). But vacation rentals still remain popular among tourists. They can be a better accommodation option for those seeking a cozier, quainter, and more local experience.
Those who are going to Richmond for a workstation or a long-term vacation with their family may also prefer an Airbnb or holiday rental that offers a home’s comforts.
If you are a host, long-term stays are great opportunities you don’t want to miss. Make sure your property meets guests’ expectations and follows industry and health standards. Be proactive in ensuring your guests’ comfort, enjoyment, health, and safety.
Our house cleaning services Richmond, BC team specializes in green, sustainable cleaning practices, and we follow strict COVID protocols and provide free disinfecting. We will ensure that your property stays clean and safe so your guests can rest easy and focus on enjoying their time discovering the amazing city of Richmond.
The Best that Richmond, BC has to Offer
Richmond continues to develop into an international city that offers world-class products and services to its locals and visitors.
We at Life Maid Easy also strive to offer professional and top-rated cleaning service to Richmondites and to visitors who want only the best that Richmond has to offer. Get the best cleaning service in your area with Life Maid Easy. Check our website for more details, including available franchise opportunities, or talk to us at 1 833 247 MAID (6243).