What You Should
Know Before Traveling
Located in the Lower Mainland and mainly suburban, Coquitlam is the sixth-largest city in British Columbia. It is fast growing with plenty of shopping and recreational opportunities, including lovely parks for walking or simply chilling out. The city hosts free events and summer festivals at Town Centre Park. It also has a newly built amphitheatre-style outdoor stage for live music. You can check out its Festivals & Special Events Calendar to plan that next trip accordingly.
Having Fun and Getting Around in Coquitlam
Appointed the “Cultural Capital of Canada” in 2009 by the Department of Canadian Heritage, Coquitlam offers endless cultural immersion experiences. Add to this its proximity to Vancouver and other other municipalities in Lower Mainland.
There are plenty of things to do in and around the city, such as:
- Hiking Mundy Park and keeping your eyes open for wildlife
- Exploring the art gallery or watching a musical concert in the Evergreen Cultural Centre
- Hiking within the Belcarra Regional Park, and then swimming or boating in Sasamat Lake
- Watching a game of baseball or lacrosse
- Checking out special exhibitions at Mackin House Museum, the only museum in Coquitlam
- Attending festivals, including Festival du Bois—one of the city’s biggest festival and Western Canada’s largest Francophone festival
You generally have three options to get around Coquitlam: by car, bus, and train. TransLink has four stations in the city and the Evergreen Extension offers quick transit to and from Metro Vancouver. The Westcoast Express takes you from Central Coquitlam to downtown Vancouver.
Living in Coquitlam
There are many reasons to base your new home – and/or business – in Coquitlam. It has a vibrant urban atmosphere with natural surroundings. It is centrally located in the region with a convenient transport system. Most importantly, it has a thriving business community, so a range of services are within easy access. When it comes to home cleaning, trust a company that provides eco-friendly solutions – Life Maid Easy.