Terms of Service
Life Maid Easy, Life Maid Easy Home Cleaning Services, LME operate the business as a service provider under the following terms and conditions.
LME reserves the right to make changes to these conditions without giving prior notice. By requesting LME to provide service by any means, telephone, email, booking form and or direct conversation – the client accepts that these terms and conditions are binding as an agreement.
- Payment – We accept Visa, Mastercard, or Cash. We require a credit card prior to the appointment to secure the booking. Full payment must be made to Life Maid Easy upon completion of the service. All payments after 30 days are subject to a 2.5% interest rate per month (30% per year). A $25 fee is applied to all NSF or decline cheques. Once credit card information is captured LME does not have the ability to view the credit card information and may request Credit Card information prior to service date. A hold will be placed on your credit card for the full amount 3 days in advance of the service date. Upon completion of services, LME will release the Credit Card hold and capture the full payment. LME reserves the right to suspend its cleaning service if a bill is not paid.
- Arrival times – are only estimated, as traffic congestion and weather conditions are beyond our control. We do our best to be on time, please allow +/- 30 minute arrival window.
- Prices are estimates and or quotes for labour only. LME reserves the right to amend an estimate and or quote if on arrival conditions and or circumstances are substandard or vary from information provided to LME.
- Time estimates – given by LME for cleaning services, are only an estimate as size of the area and the actual level of soil load as well as conditions encountered have a direct impact on time needed. Only Estimate times based on normal conditions and accurate Square footage will be Guaranteed.
- The client agrees to instruct an LME Member on what tasks to do as per their requirements or provide a list of requirements/ tasks and giving priorities of tasks to be undertaken. If no instructions are given LME will follow its standard Cleaning check list and finish any tasks, time permitting.
- Keys Lost or misplaced by LME will be subject to the cost of replacing the key only.
- The client has the responsibility to deactivate any alarms and no responsibility for the triggering of an alarm system or costs related to a response will accepted by LME.
Claims and Complaints:
- The client is responsible for reporting any incident, breakage, damage and loss or complaint within 24 hours of completion of the service. Failure to do so will nullify any re-clean or action to rectify the issue. The Prime Person will be considered the person at the premise, or as delegated by the client. If the prime person is happy with our work and or LME when we leave, no claim or rectification of any work will be done at the request of the absent party (non – supervising client). Any problems are to be rectified prior to us leaving
- The client is responsible for securing – cash, jewellery and other small items of value. LME has a zero tolerance policy in terms of theft and dishonesty. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any of the above. (The client must avoid unnecessary temptation). Bags may be kept by the client and given to the LME member at the end of the day, or bags may be inspected by the client. LME will do random inspections of bags.
- If a client suspects theft or actual theft has taken place, it is the client’s responsibility to report the incident to both LME management and the Police. The client will lay a charge of theft, if actual theft has taken place and follow through to the point of actual prosecution. LME will not be responsible for any loss due to theft.
- The client or a representative has the responsibility to be present both at the start and end of each service and to inspect any cleaning performed prior to the LME Member leaving the premises. This will enable LME to rectify any work not done or not done correctly, while still on the premises. Where LME is only advised later, we will rectify at the sole discretion of LME management at the next clean or if possible make other arrangements to do so, when convenient.
- Complaints need to be made within 24 hours of the completion of the service. (If client is not at the premises on our departure as agreed with LME). Where the client or delegate is at home we must be advised prior to departure. No subsequent complaint will be entertained.
- The client is responsible for securing or removing all fragile or easily breakable items from areas that need to be cleaned. Items excluded from any liability by LME are cash, jewellery, art works, antiques and items of sentimental value. (including damaged, fragile or unsecured items or objects)
- The client undertakes to advise LME management or an LME Member any defects of all items or fixtures that may be cracked, chipped, scratched or unstable and as such be prone to further damage or to cause damage of any nature. Any such item and or fixture is cleaned or handled at the exclusive risk of the client.
- Lost keys if lost by an LME representative will be limited in terms of liability by LME to the actual cost of the lost key, subject to a maximum amount of $250.00 in total
- LME reserves the right not to be liable for any action or service if service is postponed due to broken equipment, or any circumstances beyond our direct control, or if there are issues in terms of safety.
- LME reserves the right not to be responsible for accidental damage or loss of any nature. We hold insurance for damage over $1000 (one thousand dollars) for provable claims.Insurance:
- LME has insurance to cover any accidental damages caused by a LME member of staff at a point of service, subject to the damages been reported within 24 hours of completion of the service in writing either per email or to LME. No consequential damage will be covered
- Insurance will not cover anything that may breakdown or stop working at any time and this would include but is not restricted to the, computer, fridge, freezer, micro wave, dish washer, tumble drier, stove, oven, washing machine and tumble drier or the instability of any item which the client is already aware of, such as headboards, bathroom fixtures or other property fittings. The client is obliged to notify LME management of fittings that are poorly secured, not secured or appliances that are not in proper working order. No liability will be accepted by LME for any of the above for damage caused directly or indirectly.
Good business relationships:
- Any Billing dispute should be made 72 hours after LME sent the receipt. Any dispute thereafter will not honored. Granted dispute will be credited to the account on the next schedule appointment. In the event that there are no schedule appointments, a refund will be issued back to the account of the client.
- No client will be entitled to a full or partial refund; this is subject to the discretion of LME.
- Should a client not be satisfied with the level of service from LME and such is conveyed to LME within the prescribed 24hr period of completion of the service, or as defined above. LME reserves the right to do a re-clean of the specific area and or item only at an agreed time and day. The client will need to be present during the re-clean.
- A re-clean will only be carried out once.
Cancellation and postponement of services:
- Due to schedule optimization, we request that you cancel at least 48 hours before a scheduled appointment. This gives LME the opportunity to fill the schedule of our staff. You may cancel by phone or email. If you have to cancel your appointment, you are required to call or email LME minimum 48 hours before your scheduled appointment. LME will release the hold on your card as part of our policy. However, if you do not cancel prior to the 48 hours, you will be charged $75.00 for the cancellation fee.
- If the client cancels the service with in 24hr of the service start time, the Credit Card on file will be charged for the full amount.
- The client is responsible to provide access to LME as agreed and in the event of a no show or lock out by the client; the client will be held liable for the full service fee and or costs related to such.
Employing LME staff or Poaching of Staff.
- No staff member or ex staff of LME may be offered or given temporary or permanent employment by the client directly or indirectly (family, work) without prior negotiation with LME and payment of the placement levy. The period of protection is agreed to as 6 (six) months. This applies from the date of termination of services of LME by the client irrespective of any cause or reason. Should a staff or ex staff member be employed within the said 6-month period the client agrees to be liable for a referral/ placing fee calculated the higher of $2500
- Quotations are valid for 15 Days.
- Washing of clothes and ironing of clothes is done at the risk of the client. The client needs to instruct the LME Member on fabric and color selection and iron settings. A steam iron in good working condition needs to be provided.
- Any equipment moved for any reason is done at the risk of the client e.g. Fridge, washing machine etc.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by British Columbia law.
By submitting the booking form or request for a quotation, you accept all terms and conditions of LME on the Life Maid Easy website as a binding agreement.