Staycations, workcations, and long-term stays are changing the landscape for Toronto Airbnb hosts, and thankfully, it’s for the better. These vacation trends are breathing life again into the short-term rental (STR) market in Canada’s biggest metropolis and other localities.
This is a welcome development, especially when local tourism and STR owners were hit hard during the onset of COVID-19. Now that more borders are opening up and more regulations are easing up, more Canadians and even foreign travelers have been keener to go on vacation and rent Airbnbs in the Toronto area.
That is helpful for short-term rental property owners. However, it will still require some hard work to ensure your accommodation meets standards and attracts more bookings.
In response to the pandemic and because they want to ensure that hosts could continue to earn while maintaining health and safety standards, Airbnb added a 5-step enhanced cleaning process to their cleaning handbook. All hosts are required to follow this process and any local laws and guidelines.
Since you have to clean between guest stays, a longer and more intense cleaning process means it will take more time and energy. Luckily, Toronto Airbnb cleaning service providers are readily available, and all hosts have to do is make sure they hire the best vacation and rental cleaning company in the city.
Airbnb: What is it?
Since it was launched back in 2008, Airbnb has become one of the most well-known online platforms for listing or booking short-term rental properties. Hosts are people who list their accommodation for rent (an entire home or even just a sofa). They advertise their property on the Airbnb website so people looking for accommodation in specific localities can select, inspect, and book directly using this platform.
Brief background of how Airbnb started
When two roommates (Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia) in San Francisco were trying to figure out how they could pay their rent back in 2007, they came up with the idea that would change their lives forever.
There was a design conference in the city, and the hotels were fully booked. Aha! Why not turn their apartment into an impromptu accommodation option? So, they inflated three airbeds and welcomed three guests into their Airbed & Breakfast.
This experience of being hosts to their three guests-turned-friends gave Joe and Brian the idea to create a way for people worldwide also to become hosts.
Another friend, Nate, came on board, and the three of them got to work on an online platform that would allow strangers to become hosts and welcome guests into their homes. Airbed & Breakfast became Airbnb, one of the most popular websites and apps for listing and booking short-term rentals.
As of this writing, there have been more than 1 billion Airbnb guest bookings in over 220 countries and regions. In addition, there are about 4 million Airbnb hosts, and the average host reportedly earns more than $9,000 each year.
One of the reasons why this platform has become so popular is because travelers have the option to have a more unique, local, homier, culturally rich, and sometimes even whimsical experience when they stay in Airbnb homes. It isn’t surprising to find castles and hobbit homes for rent. Or how about staying in a windmill, seashell house, or plane?
Furthermore, travelers can easily narrow their options when searching for rental properties by applying filters. This makes it easier for them to find accommodation that caters to their specific needs, such as a room nearer to a famous local tourist spot or a home with a kid-friendly pool.
Benefits of Using Airbnb
Here are some of the pros when becoming an Airbnb host:
1.Listing your rental property is free on the platform, and you can include photos with captions and written descriptions of the accommodations you offer. You also create a profile so that potential guests can get to know a little bit more about you as a host. You get to advertise to a wider and global market, therefore increasing your chances of getting bookings without spending a penny.
2. You decide on the price you want to set for each night, week, or month. Generally, Airbnb will take at least a 3% commission for every reservation. Hosts are charged only when a booking is made. The average annual earning in 2016 for Ontario hosts was $3,900.
3. As a host, you must comply with Airbnb’s 5-step enhanced cleaning process that ensures your place is clean, safe, and sanitized. You are required to follow this between guest stays, and, as a result, your property gets cleaned more regularly with the help of an expert Airbnb cleaning service provider. You will be extra motivated to keep your property in the best condition.
4. You get up to $1 million in damage protection and liability insurance. Airbnb also covers unexpected cleaning costs, pet damage, and income loss.
5. You can post a wide variety of accommodation options. Whether you own an Earthship home, a boathouse, a caravan, or a treehouse, you can list it on Airbnb as the company doesn’t discriminate as long as you comply with their rules and regulations and your local laws. Presently, there are more than 15,000 listings in Toronto alone.
As previously mentioned, Airbnb has a 5-step enhanced cleaning process that all hosts must follow. While the company has had a set of cleaning standards for STR owners for many years, global health and hospitality experts still recommend an improved cleaning process. This improves how Airbnb’s cleaning service providers clean and sanitize accommodations to meet the post-COVID industry standards.
The basics of Airbnb cleaning include these steps:
This is the preparation phase, which includes ensuring you have the correct cleaning supplies and safety gear, following health protocols like washing your hands and opening windows to improve ventilation. This also involves collecting linen and garbage and unplugging all appliances.
This is when your Airbnb cleaner will do all the cleaning tasks to remove dirt and germs from surfaces.
After cleaning, your Toronto Airbnb cleaning service team will sanitize all high-traffic areas and high-touch surfaces with a disinfectant.
Together with your vacation and rental cleaning crew, you will make sure you complete the custom cleaning checklist for your Airbnb listing. Note any missing items, maintenance issues, and what needs to be restocked, replaced, or refilled. Also, double-check how clean and sanitized your accommodation is.
Now is the time to dispose of or wash any safety equipment and cleaning tools, restock cleaning supplies for your guests, and set and stage your home for the new guests.
Check out this complete Airbnb 5-step cleaning process.
Choosing the Best Airbnb Cleaning Service Provider in Toronto
Want to keep your guests happy, receive consistently positive reviews, and keep those bookings coming? Hire a professional Airbnb cleaning company to help you achieve Superhost status.
- Give your guests peace of mind. Professional cleaners must follow the latest industry standards for clean and safe accommodations. Our Life Maid Easy Toronto Airbnb cleaning service team has their masks and PPEs, and we make sure to disinfect all cleaning supplies and our vehicles regularly. We adhere to strict standards of cleanliness and hygiene, so our clients and their guests remain safe, happy, and healthy.
- Avoid losing your Airbnb listings. Expert Airbnb cleaners know the required cleaning process to comply with the company’s standards.
- Manage your listing with more ease. Whether you have one or several STRs, outsourcing the cleaning to professionals means you can save time and ensure all your properties are spotless and ready to welcome guests.
- Save money and effort because Airbnb cleaning service providers bring their cleaning supplies, and they know what it takes to make a short-term rental look incredible and be immaculate. They can do the job correctly the first time. So, if you want a professional vacation and rental cleaning service, hire our Life Maid Easy team. Not only will we expertly clean and sanitize your Airbnb rental, but we will also check for any excessive mess or damages, take pictures, and give you a complete report.
Be an Airbnb Superhost with the Best Cleaning Services
Managing a successful short-term rental in Toronto already requires plenty of time and effort. Add in even stricter cleaning and sanitation requirements, which can become overwhelming. Working with the best Airbnb cleaning service can significantly lighten the load and improve your chances of keeping high standards and meeting guests’ satisfaction.
Get the best cleaning service in your area with Life Maid Easy. Let us help you become and remain an Airbnb Superhost. Check out our website for more details, including available franchise opportunities, or talk to us at 1 833 247 MAID (6243).