How to Clean Up Clam Chowder Stains on the Carpet
Sep 10, 2017
Taking good care of the carpet is a really tough job. Just ask any homeowner and he or she will surely reply that it is a lot more difficult than you may think. Carpets get dirty and filthy quite easily since it is exposed to a lot of foot traffic as well as the occasional spills and stains.
An example of a very difficult stain that your carpet can face is clam chowder stains. Clam chowder is a really delicious dish yet it is not something that you would want to see spilled all over your carpet. This is because it can cause an ugly stain that will be tough to remove. If you don’t clean this mess properly you can be left with an ugly carpet that will ruin the appearance of your living room.
Cleaning up this carpet problem may be tough but it can be made more manageable if you perform the right steps. Here is a helpful guide that you can use to aid you in cleaning up the clam chowder stains on your carpet.
1. Use a spoon to slowly and carefully scoop up the spilled clam chowder on the carpet. Be careful when you are doing this since you do not want to spread the clam chowder to other parts of the carpet. Then, use a clean white cloth to blot the affected area so that you can further remove the liquid particles of the spill.
2. After clearing the area of as much of the clam chowder as you can, get some water and add a few drops onto the stain that is on the carpet. This will help dilute the stain so that it will become a lot easier to remove. After ding so, use a paper towel to blot the area until it is relatively dry.
3. Get a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent and combine with three cups of warm water. This will give you a potent cleaning agent that will help break down the clam chowder stain. Apply it onto the stained portion of the carpet and then let it sit for a couple of minutes.
4. Use a clean white cloth or some paper towels to blot the stain on the carpet. Continue doing this until all of the stains is gone. It may take some time to completely get rid of the stain but just continue doing so until your carpet is back to normal.
5. Flush any residue that could get left behind on the carpet by using a glass of room temperature water to rinse the area you just cleaned. Then, dry the area with the use of clean towels or rags.
If you wish to re-schedule or cancel any appointment, please notify us within a minimum of 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
Cancellation within 48 hours will be charged a $75 fee.
To secure your booking you’ll be asked for your credit card number. We will charge your credit card and email an invoice the day after the appointment. All payments are processed through secure SSL-encrypted system for maximum security.
The reason we have a minimum time for Move-in/Move-out cleaning is because this is a more detailed service than a maid service. Above the regular cleaning checklist there are extra tasks which we focus on. Please check it here: Move-in / Move-out. On top of that, we do want to mention that we offer time based services and if the cleaning service takes less, then we charge accordingly. We charge in 15 minutes increments.
We found out from our experience that this is the fastest and the most efficient way of cleaning your home.