Cleaning Your Matress, What And What Not To Do
Apr 15, 2017
Now that Spring is upon us it is time to start the spring cleaning and one of the important things we must do is give your mattress a good cleaning.
Here are some tips on what you should do and what you shouldn’t do when cleaning your mattress:
Things to do:
1. Turn your mattress over by 180 degrees.
2. Remove any small stains with a solution mixture of a mild detergent mixed with water. Ensure you air dry the area before you make up the bed.
3. Use large thirsty towels in order to soak up any large liquid stains. Ensure you air dry the mattress outdoors or with a portable electric fan. Ensure the total surface of your mattress is thoroughly dry. This step is extremely important.
4. Use a special mattress cleaner making sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for any stubborn stains. Don’t forget to test a small part of the fabric first.
5. Take advantage of using a mattress cover. Mattress covers actually eliminate bed bugs from your bed!
6. Get in the habit of turning your mattress over every 3 months or so and do your very best to vacuum it.
7. Take advantage of a mattress protector in order to eliminate the need for extra mattress cleanings. As you can tell, it is a lot easier to clean a mattress protector than it is to clean a mattress. It makes life easier, that’s for sure.
3 Things Not To Do:
1. Never ever use any type of dry cleaning solutions when cleaning your mattress.
2. Avoid the use of baking soda on a wet mattress because it will begin to form a paste which can be quite difficult to clean up.
3. Do not put your mattress in the washing machine. Cleaning with a hose or in a bathtub is best. Do not forget to close the valve while washing. For general cleaning, a quick scrubbing with Formula 409®, BioClean™ All-Purpose Cleaner, or other general household cleaner is best.
Source by Justine Jordan
If you wish to re-schedule or cancel any appointment, please notify us within a minimum of 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
Cancellation within 48 hours will be charged a $75 fee.
To secure your booking you’ll be asked for your credit card number. We will charge your credit card and email an invoice the day after the appointment. All payments are processed through secure SSL-encrypted system for maximum security.
The reason we have a minimum time for Move-in/Move-out cleaning is because this is a more detailed service than a maid service. Above the regular cleaning checklist there are extra tasks which we focus on. Please check it here: Move-in / Move-out. On top of that, we do want to mention that we offer time based services and if the cleaning service takes less, then we charge accordingly. We charge in 15 minutes increments.
We found out from our experience that this is the fastest and the most efficient way of cleaning your home.