With the long Canada Day weekend coming up, many of you will be preparing to light up the ole’ barbecue grill and cook up some delicious burgers, hot dogs and maybe even some steaks to enjoy with friends and family.
Here are a few tips to help keep that grill clean and maintained in order to keep it working at its best for years to come and in order to ensure your future cooked meals will remain tasting great:
- Burn off excess food and grease:
- After you finish using your grill, turn the heat on high and leave it until the grill is no longer taking out smoke (meaning any remaining food has been burnt off) then turn it off.
- Clean the grilling grates:
- Wait a few minutes for the grilling grates to cool down to a temperature warm enough that you can touch it then brush off any food or grease that may have remained stuck in between the grates with a steal grill brush.
- If your grates are extra dirty, remove them from the grill and whipe down with a sponge dipped in soapy water then rinse and let dry before putting them back on the grill.
- Clean the exterior of the grill:
- The safest cleaning solution for gas grills is a simple mix of soapy water, mix warm water with a few squirts of dish washing soap. Be sure to wash the soapy residue off afterwards by using a rag dipped in clean water and then dry the exterior thoroughly.
- If your grill is made from stainless stell then you can use a stainless steel cleaner to clean the exterior.
- Cover up your grill when it’s not in use:
- To protect your grill from outside elements and to help prevent it from getting dirtier be sure to always keep it covered up.
Have a great and safe Canada Day and don’t forget Life Maid Easy‘s staff is waiting to assist in cleaning your home after that great Canada Day Party that you have planned.