We have been using salt for as long as we can remember and have figured out thousands of ways to put it to use but just in case you haven’t heard of some of the cleaning methods you can use, here is a list.
- If an egg breaks on the floor, simply sprinkle some salt on the mess and leave it to absorb for about 20 minutes and then you should be able to easily pick it up with a paper towel.
* We actually made a whole post on this a few weeks back, read the entire article here.
- Pour some salt on top of a grease fire to smother it out.
- If food boils over and spills onto your stove just sprinkle some salt on top to help stop the smoke and odour from forming.
When the stove finally cools down just wipe it up.
- If you have a piece of clothing in which the dye may run when washing, soak the article for about an hour in a ½ gallon of water mixed with a ½ cup of vinegar and a ½ cup of salt.
Rinse the clothing afterwards, if you see the water is coming out in the colour of the clothing repeat the steps mentioned above.